Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Carolyn's Graduation

May has been an incredibly busy and exhausting month around our house.  We've had 3 graduations to attend, a baby shower and just getting the house ready for Cate's arrival.

To start, I participated in graduation at Duke on Mother's Day.  I say it like that because I technically graduate with my masters in nursing in September after I complete the 3 credit hours remaining this summer.  But nonetheless, it was my graduation weekend, so the whole the family was here to celebrate (and see the growing belly!)

Duke does a large commencement with all the graduates (graduate schools and undergraduates), followed by private ceremonies done by each school.  This is the number of people who showed up for graduation this year....I was just amazed by how many people were there (and I love the all the colors of everyone's hoods).




I am fairly certain the reason everyone showed up is because Oprah was the commencement speaker this year.  Turns out, Gail's son (Auntie O's godson, she mentioned) graduated from the undergraduate program this year, so Auntie O came and gave the speech.  She was pretty good, but to be honest the med student who was a Duke undergrad and now Med School grad was a better speaker, but now I can say I saw in person and she spoke at my graduation!


The whole family outside the Duke Chapel after the School of Nursing's ceremony.  Luckily, the rain held off and we had a beautiful day.  You would think the robes might hide the belly a little more, but I think they just make you more rotund......







Mom and Dad and I.











Lanny and I outside the Chapel.....we were there a few years ago taking engagement pictures.  My how life has changed!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bodes! I am happy for you and your sister. Your parents must be beaming with pride. You look great too and hope you feel good. Miss ya and hope you get to rest now before Baby Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Bodes!! We love you and are so very proud :)
    We can wait to see you, Lanny and Baby Cate soon!

    xoxo

    Truds and Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO PROUD of you Bodes...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete