Monday, March 7, 2011

Going to "School"....

Cate at drop off, thanks for the photo Grandma-she's such a big girl!
Well, it finally happened.  I went back to work, which means Cate has started "school".  I started about two weeks ago in the Heart Failure Clinic at Parkland, which is going to be great, but that means we have to start taking Cate to daycare....aka-school.  And who's having the harder time with it?....no shock here, mom and dad.
Cate and I went and played the week before she started, had lunch with the other kiddos and got to know her teachers (who are great).  The "school" is close to the hospital, which means Cate and I get some quality time in the mornings and either Lanny or I can pick her up quickly after work.
My mom came in for a few days when I started because Lanny was still in a super busy rotation and I had several early mornings that I didn't want to take Cate in at 6:45am.  So Grandma did the first drop off (which the thought of doing was killing me) and then together we went to get Cate when I got off work.  Cate pretty much saw us, waved hi and went back to playing on the playground.....again, harder on mom and dad than Cate.

Where Cate was playing when we arrived for pick up

Mama-I see you!

Happy Girl

back to the playground, we can go home later....

1 comment: